MegaFault is a 2009 disaster film, directed by David Michael Latt, starring Brittany Murphy and Eriq Lasalle . It is one of the last films which has Murphy in it, as she died several weeks after its premiere.
In West Virginia, Charley "Boomer" Baxter is controlling the position of mountaintop-depletion blasts. He detonates the TNT, and an enormous earthquake liquefies the area. After a few hours, Dr. Amy Lane, a government seismologist, reaches the quake's epicenter. Dr. Lane realizes that the primary quake has opened a deep fault which runs through the center of North America. Dr. Lane and Boomer must run toward the mighty break in the ground, inventing a plan to stop the next quake.
- Brittany Murphy as Dr. Amy Lane
- Eriq La Salle as Boomer
- Justin Hartley as Dan Lane
- Bruce Davison as Dr. Mark Rhodes
- Paul Logan as Major Boyd Grayson
- Dana Tomasko as Female Tech
- Anya Benton as Radio Dispatcher
- Jack P. Downing as General Banks
- Sarah Garvey as Jerry Blair
- A.J. Haut as Guard 1
- Sheila Heubach
- Andrew Stephen Pratt as Officer Armstrong
The film is a Sci-Fi original movie and is Brittany Murphy's final TV role as she died unexpectedly on 20 December 2009.